What is Past Periods Press?
Past Periods Press is a small group of reenactors who love literature. We create booklets that reflect the 19th century and the Renaissance period.
Where can I find Past Periods Press?
Past Periods Press can be found at Southern California events such as El Dorado Park Civil War Encampment in Long Beach and the Huntington Beach Civil War Encampment. Currently we stay very close to home.
What are your booklets like?
Our booklets are designed to be keepsakes that will help keep history alive and interesting. We price them modestly. Each booklet is hand made, frequently tied with a ribbon and charm. They are based on well known stories, such as Paul Bunyan and Johnny Appleseed, or they may be excerpts from 19th century magazines or books, such as recipes or etiquette.
What groups is Past Periods Press assiciated with?
Past Periods Press is an independent group, however our members are affiliated with various historical groups, such as the American Civil War Society or Guild of St George.
I want to buy some of your books. How do I get them?
If you aren’t able to visit our shop at a local fair, please contact us through this webpage and let us know what you have in mind.
Do you help students or teachers with research?
We are delighted to help students and teachers looking for information on the 19th century and on the Renaissance. Please contact us through this website and one of our members will get in touch with you. Please be specific about what you are interested in so we can better help you.
Join 310 other subscribers
- American Civil War Society
- American Duchess Shoes
- Authentic Campaigner
- Calico Ghost Town
- Century of the Beard
- Civil War Alliance
- Civil War Women's Archive
- FIDM Museum
- Forgotten Old Photos
- Fort Tejon Historical Association
- Gentlemen's Emporium Clothing
- Gettysburg Foundation
- Gettysburg Museum
- Gram's Recipe Box
- Greater Bay Area Costumers Guild
- Historical Citizens Association
- Huntington Beach Civil War Days
- Kansas Mercantile
- Laughing Moon Patterns
- Living History Worldwide
- Mass Historia
- Maywood Studios Fabric Design
- Mustaches of the 19th Century
- National Museum of American History
- Notes from the Melody Maker
- Southern CA Civil War Association
- The Fashionable Past aka Katherine's Dress Site
- The Octagon Ladies Repository
- The Pragmatic Costumer
- The Sewing Academy
- Truly Victorian
- Victorian Society in America
- Who Were They?